Workshop Right to Housing
The issue of housing plays a decisive role in reproducing or even amplifying new social structures and inequalities. Therefore, it becomes essential to always keep a high level of attention on this topic, especially in a delicate phase like the one we are going through. The Right to Housing Workshop aims to provide a comprehensive reflection on the topic and a survey of the needs of the territories, with a specific focus on the themes of new housing models and sustainable construction. Exploring the topic in depth will allow for more tools to respond to this complex challenge, in an increasingly appropriate way, defining new paradigms.
The results of the “Right to Housing” workshop will be part of the September issue of IQD magazine of which Achitect Andrea Boschetti will be scientific editor
- Introduction and moderation by Andrea Boschetti, architect Founder of Metrogramma. Affordable housing, flexible housing, sustainable housing: new social structures, new services, new design and construction methods define the new paradigms.
- Pierfrancesco Maran, Assessore alla casa e Piano Quartieri. Strategic vision and Casa 2025 Plan: 3 experimental nodes to manage high rents, improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods, and address the issue of short-term rentals and real estate costs.
- Alessandro Galbusera, Vice President Consorzio Cooperative Lavoratori. Impact investing in the service of cooperative living and community cooperation. Cooperators as generators of social development, to do business from people’s needs. The ability to read them and organize responses is a model that generates change, environmentally and socially sustainable economic growth. What are the spaces for cooperation and how to organize to be able to seize this opportunity.
- Housing models – Moderation: Andrea Boschetti. Collective housing and social housing. Architecture as an enabling factor favoring new housing models and the redevelopment of Public Residential Housing.
- Carla Ferrer, Iter. Designing homes that create cities, bridging the gap between practice and research, stimulating synergies between different European building cultures – through projects that bring equity, diversity, respect for the environment and the context.
- Lorenzo Consalez, Consalez Rossi Architetti Associati. “Milan at low density”. The new Milanese village of free housing with a subsidized quota, in implementation of the Integrated Intervention Program. A residential project that completes the design of a significant part of the city and that is inserted into a significant historical fabric, defining a context of value still recognizable in its historical configuration of agricultural scale.
- Arianna Piva, architect and Partner Matrogramma. The social dimension outside and inside the walls: services, active ground floors, community and belonging beyond the plot boundary. Feeling at home and knowing how to welcome as a sustainability, inclusivity and attractiveness challenge for the city and individuals.
- Housing and sustainable building – Moderation: Arianna Piva, architect and Partner at Metrogramma The culture of sustainable housing primarily involves the design and construction process, through choices related to the efficient and moderate use of materials, energy, and space.
- Elena Stoppioni, Save The Planet. Green construction sites: the protocol to support the construction industry in reducing its environmental impact, and public and private entities in embarking on sustainable paths and creating “Sustainable Communities”.
- Regina de Albertis, President of Assimpredil Ance. Sustainable Impact Construction, the code of conduct promoted by Assimpredil Ance for the promotion of a production model that implements the ESG principles and the goals of the 2030 agenda starting from the construction sites, the factories of the construction sector.
- Alessandro Bianchi, Sustainability Manager at MIRAGE. Mirage has been on a path for years aimed at reducing environmental impact and ensuring the safety of its products. However, this is not enough, the safeguarding of the planet and people requires the commitment of everyone. It is through daily choices, both personal and business, that each of us can adopt a conscious position to contribute to our health and that of the environment.